Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hamburger Veggie Soup

This soup recipe I wrote down as I watched Nonnie make it one day. She said she didn’t use a recipe so I just wrote down what she put in as I watched her make it. It’s my favorite soup!!
1 large can V8 juice + 2 12 oz cans
1 large can water
Swanson's chicken broth
Swanson's beef broth
1 can water
3 stocks celery cut small
3 zucchini cut into small bites
3 carrots cut small
1 large and 1 small can green beans
1 1/2 cans corn (drained)
2 cans carrots
broccoli (flowers only) about 1/2 cup
1can stewed tomatoes (I buy the petite cut tomatoes)
3/4 cup barley (sometimes I add this and sometimes I don't)
salt and pepper

Brown 1 small minced onion, garlic cloves and 2 lbs hamburger.

I vary this recipe. I like to make a large amount and I don't like to buy the 2 smaller cans of V8 and the small can green beans...so I usually buy 2 large cans of V8 and I use 2 cans of green beans, 2 cans of corn (why throw half a can away?) and I don't use the canned carrots....I just use more than 3 fresh cut carrots. I use more veggies....like more than 1/2 cup broccoli! I also sometimes add yellow squash, cut into small bite size pieces. I use a very large stock pot!
Sometimes I use 2 pots and divide the soup into the 2 pots and make one just a veggie soup and add the hamburger to the other to make the hamburger veggie soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment